Current development priorities
Planned for 0.70 - expected release: End of July
Description: I'm completely remaking the interface with three goals in mind: make the core elements of the game more understandable to new players, make the game decently playable only with the mouse, and make important information and interaction more obvious and accessible
Current dev status: Implementation phase.
Description: We're currently designing a leveling system which will at first impact the rank of the Officers in the regiment, we will also give the ability to the CO's and XO's to distribute officer ranks to their most active member so that he can also recruit. Let us know if you have suggestions about what powers officers should be given
Current dev status: Putting the final touches on how this should work, points, etc... But we still have to implement it.
CLASSIFIED SPECIAL MODDING TOOL
Description: Top Secret
Current dev status: Expect a public official announcement before the end of September
PREPARE FOR WORLD CONQUEST
IN SPACE ON STEAM!
Current dev status: Currently going under private testing.
In no particular order:
- MG and Sniper improvements (controls, options, battle modes)
- Further improvements on the Strategic View
- Tournament organization system
- Grenade mechanics improvements (accuracy and range based on movement)
- Smoke grenades
- Officer Rankings
- Individual leaderboard (Command 1v1?)
- UI adjustements (add a command wheel and overhaul the soldier halo)
- More maps
- Redesign reinforcement mode for a smooth new player introduction experience
- Detailed player and regiments stats pages
Probable or more long term plans
- Redesigned ranked/regiment mode with more engaging VP capture mechanics, and possibly introduce a retreat phase where you can take prisoner those who fail to escape
- Full fledged Map editor
- More nations (British, Russians, Resistants, etc...)
- More theaters of war (eastern front, North Africa, Pacific, etc...)